We Are Here 24/7! Call Now!

Top E2 Investor Visa Lawyer in New Jersey

The E-2 investor visa is an appealing option for foreign business persons, investors, managers, and employees who wish to stay in the United States for extended periods of time to oversee: 

1) an enterprise that is engaged in trade between the United States and a foreign country; or

2) a major investment in the United States.

We at the Andres Mejer Law Firm are among the law firms that have been helping people with their immigration needs for years. We understand that every person who comes to the United States has unique circumstances. You may have a green card, work visa or temporary work permit. We work with you to understand your situation and help you obtain the right documentation. We help people from all around the world. 

Talk to an E2 visa immigration lawyer now to avail our visa services and schedule a comprehensive immigration exam.

What is an E2 Visa?

A treaty investor visa is known as an E-2 visa which the immigration laws require. This is a temporary visa that may be extended to an alien, and it enables citizens of treaty countries to establish a business in the United States.

Look for a reliable New Jersey immigration lawyer to help you acquire an E2 visa.

Are you at risk of being deported?

Take our free online deportation risk assessment and find out now!


Who is eligible for an E2 Visa?

The E visa is not available to everyone who is involved in a trade or investment. This visa category is reserved solely for what the USCIS refers to as “treasury merchants and investors.” This means that all applicants must be nationals of a country with whom the United States has signed a treaty of trade and commerce.

There are various requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for an E2 visa, including the following:

As an individual investor, you must be a citizen of or a national of a country that has signed an investment treaty with the United States.

  • If the applicant is a firm, it must be owned at least 50% by a treaty investment country in order to be considered.
  • To be eligible for an E2 visa, a company’s employee must be a national of a treaty investment country and work in a supervisory, management or executive role or a job requiring specialized knowledge (essential employee). It helps that the employee is highly skilled.
  • The investor (either an individual or a corporation) must have the intention of investing a significant amount of capital in a legitimate firm, whether it be an existing or new venture. A legitimate firm is one that is legitimately in business, produces products or provides services, and is profitable.
  • The investor (whether an individual or a corporation) must make certain that the firm creates more profit than it requires to simply make a livelihood. However, new enterprises are excluded from the requirement of a marginal profit for the first five years of operation, but they must achieve this condition within five years.
  • The investor (whether an individual or a corporation) must be motivated by the desire to see the firm grow as a result of the investment.
  • Until their visa application is granted, the investor (person or company) must deposit the monies in a bank account or with a third-party agency. It is essential for investors to have the purpose of returning to their own country after their work is over in another country.

You qualify for and are entitled to apply for the E2 visa if you meet all of the requirements listed above. The fact that you have applied does not imply that you will be granted a visa automatically because you might be found ineligible.

The application must be granted before you may enter the United States; however, the immigration officials at the port of entry will determine whether or not you are allowed to enter.

E2 Visa advantages

1. You can legally work in the US for a firm that you invested in.

One of the key E-2 visa benefits is that you can lawfully operate a business and be employed by it. Whether the organization is well established or you are just starting out, you must be a key player for that lawful operation.

You must demonstrate that you will develop and direct the E-2 visa investment. You can achieve this by owning at least 50% of the company or being a manager with considerable operational control.

To prove that you own a controlling stake in the company, provide a list of all owners and their percentage ownership, signed by all owners.

2. Your spouse may work under an E-2 dependent visa.

Spouses of E-2 investors may apply for a temporary work permit or employment authorization document (EAD) in order to work in the United States. This enables the spouse to work for any corporation in the United States or to establish a business of his or her own.

A person may apply for an EAD by submitting a completed Form I-765 along with the required fee. If authorized, there are no restrictions on the E-2 spouse’s employment location. In general, spouses are permitted to stay for the same term as the E-2 visa holder. Additionally, they may apply for an extension of stay in an E-2 dependent classification by completing Form I-539.

3. With an E-2 dependent visa, your children under the age of 21 may attend any school of their choice.

Children under the age of 21 may not find occupation and be eligible for a work visa, but they may pursue an accredited higher education. After obtaining a degree, they will be allowed to apply for other non-immigrant visas to work.

Typically, minors must apply for an F-1 visa, which entitles them to attend only the school for which the visa was issued. However, there are numerous additional choices available with an E-2 dependent visa.

After the child reaches the age of 21, they are no longer eligible to stay in the United States on an E-2 dependent visa. They will then need to apply for their own visa, which will allow them to remain in the United States and finish their education or begin working.

4. You can travel freely within and outside the United States.

As long as their E-2 treaty trader visas remain valid, foreign investors and their family members may live outside the United States for an indefinite period of time and come and go as they want.

How to Apply and the Required Documentation

E-1 and E-2 visa applications are typically submitted at the US Embassy or Consulate in their country of permanent residence. While visa applicants may apply at any US consular office overseas, qualifying for the visa may be more challenging outside the nation of permanent residency.

How a visa lawyer can help

The E-2 visa is an excellent way for a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation to come to the United States to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested, to work in an executive or supervisory role in a company owned by a treaty national, or to work as an essential employee in a company owned by a treaty national.

The Andres Mejer Law Firm recognizes the critical nature of acquiring an E-2 visa and will assist you in navigating the E-2 visa procedure. Take advantage of our immigration services now. 

While the E-2 visa application procedure is relatively straightforward, all E-2 visas require a determined strategy, meticulous attention to detail, and effective communication. With these components in place, the process is frequently less unpleasant and time-consuming than many of our clients anticipate.

Our extensive knowledge enables us to guide clients through the E-2 visa process step by step. We take the time to listen to and answer your issues. We assist you in assembling the necessary information and documentation. 

After that, we meticulously compile all of the letters, documents, and supporting documentation necessary to secure your E-2 visa.

Throughout the procedure, we will contact the United States Embassy or Consulate and/or USCIS.

Getting you immigration visas worry-free is our advocacy.

Get legal help now!

Getting you to work in the US worry free is our advocacy. Our immigration lawyer will work hard to make sure your immigration concerns are resolved. 

Andres Mejer Law’s Immigration Attorneys’ immigration consultants and immigration lawyers will prepare and file all required applications and supporting papers on your behalf so you can travel to the U.S. Talk to an E2 visa immigration lawyer today.

Are you at risk of being deported?

Take our free online deportation risk assessment and find out now!


Other Related Areas of Law

Learning about the requirements for immigrant and nonimmigrant visas is crucial for you to be able to push through with your employment plans. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services carefully evaluates all applications from foreigners who wish to enter the country, either temporarily or permanently. 

Any foreign national with plans of immigrating, obtaining permanent residency, or proceeding with an application for citizenship in the United States must first be familiar with basic immigration policy. Getting the services of legal professionals is important for you to avoid mistakes and stressful proceedings.

If you have a legal issue you need taken care of, we can help. Our seasoned NJ immigration attorneys at Andres Mejer Law can help immigrants with DUI arrests, traffic citations, criminal charges and family law, divorce, and custody problems. Call us at (888) 695-6169 today.

Time is a Crucial Factor in the Immigration Process

People often put off seeing a doctor until it is too late. The same is true when it comes to immigration. Immigration issues often get worse with time, not better. A variable in the employment-based green card process is government processing times. Each year, only a certain number of green cards are available. This means you need to act fast.

Employment-based immigration law is complicated and can be intimidating. No one should conclude without detailing their full immigration history, examining all immigration documents, and consulting with experienced New Jersey immigration attorneys.

When applying for US visas and green cards, the immigration process involved can be quite difficult to navigate. In general, an aspiring green card holder will usually enter the United States using a visa, but not all employment visa holders have or will be able to get a green card. Act promptly and call our immigration law firm today!

Seek Legal Help from a Trusted Local Attorney

Whether you are proceeding with an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa application or are obtaining a green card, several immigration forms and supporting documents must be submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. 

However, USCIS processing times are known to be notoriously long. US immigration laws also tend to be very strict. As such, it is highly recommended to call a trusted law office before taking any steps. Get the legal services of a local attorney who knows the ins and outs of the immigration service.

If you wish to help family members apply for a green card and permanent residence or if you have questions related to your visa status, getting a green card, or applying for naturalization, call our immigration law firm. Dial (888) 695-6169 to schedule your free legal strategy session today.

Do You Need A Family-Based Immigration Attorney?

Are you planning to file a Form I-130 petition in the near future? If yes, give us a call and schedule a consultation with our New Jersey family-based immigration attorney. We can evaluate your situation and help you to formulate an immigration plan that could reunite you with your family in the shortest possible amount of time.

Don’t do it alone. We are here to help.

new jersey immigration attorney

"I didn’t know I could get documents… that there was help out there…Andres Mejer Law made me feel comfortable to trust them with my whole life."

new jersey immigration attorney

"Mr. Quiyu was able to successfully petition for a green card for himself and his wife through the help of Andres Mejer."

new jersey immigration attorney

"Ms. Cartagena successfully filed her VAWA petition. As a result, she was able to live without the fear of deportation or losing her kids."

Still have questions about Green Cards or becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident?

What Are You Waiting For?

People often put off seeing a doctor until it is too late. The same is true when it comes to immigration. Immigration problems often get worse with time, not better. You’re risking your family, your freedom and all that you work so hard for by not getting the care you need. You can find out right now if you may already qualify for legal status in the US. Just click below or call Andres Mejer Law to schedule a comprehensive immigration exam. It is free, so what are you waiting for?


New Jersey Immigration Attorney
New Jersey Immigration Attorney

We're here 24/7.
Call Now!

Eatontown, NJ


286 RT 35
Unit D
Eatontown, NJ 07724


Lakewood, NJ


212 2nd Street
Suite 104
Lakewood, NJ 08701


Newark, NJ


50 Park Place
Suite #1101
Newark, NJ 07102


Edison, NJ


1929 NJ-27
Edison, NJ 08817


1065 US-22 Suite 2B
Bridgewater Township, NJ 08807


Freehold, NJ


36 W Main St, Suite 302,
Freehold, NJ 07728


Copyright 2022 Andres Mejer Law - All Rights Reserved. Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions

Free Deportation Risk Assessment

Where you ever caught at by immigration and returned to your country? (¿Dónde alguna vez te pilló inmigrando y regresaste a tu país?)*

Have you ever been arrested for any reason? (¿Alguna vez te han arrestado por alguna razón?)*

How many times have been arrested? (¿Cuántas veces han sido arrestados?)*

Were you arrested for any of the following reasons? (Check all that apply) (¿Te arrestaron por alguna de las siguientes razones?)

Have you ever filed for an immigration benefit and been denied? (¿Alguna vez ha presentado un beneficio de inmigración y se le ha negado?)*

Have you entered the US illegally more than once after 1997? (¿Ha entrado ilegalmente en los Estados Unidos más de una vez después de 1997?)*

Do you owe back child support? (¿Debes manutención infantil?)*

Arrested in New Jersey

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Immigration Book

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Immigration Attorney

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Find Out Immediately If You Qualify for Legal Status


Your privacy is important to us. We will keep the information you provide strictly confidential. We only use your information to determine if you may be eligible for immigration benefits in the United States. The information we provide should not be construed as legal advice and submission of this form does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Ingrese la siguiente información para aceptar los términos y condiciones.

Enter the following information to accept the terms and conditions.

Start Here!

Información Personal / Personal Information


Idioma Preferido*

Preferred Language

Fecha Nacimiento*

Date of Birth

Pais de Nacimiento*

Country of Birth

Entradas a las EEUU / Entries into the US


Fecha Entrada*

Date of Entry

Entrada Legal*

Did you enter legally?



¿Tiene usted padres, conyuge o hijos mayores de 21 anos,Que ha estado o esta en las fuerzas armadas Americanas?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child over 21 who is or was in the US military?

¿Tiene usted padres,conyuge o hijos mayores de 21 anos, ciudadanos Americanos o residentes permanentes?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child over 21 who is a US citizen or lawful permanent resident?

¿Ha tenido usted, sus padres o sus abuelos un estado legal en los EEUU?*

Did you, your parents, or your grandparents ever have legal status in the U.S.?

¿Esta considerando matrimonio con us ciudadano Americano o residente permanente? ( mismo sexo incluido)*

Are you considering marriage to a US citizen or green card holder (same-sex marriage included)?



¿Alguien ha peticionado a su favor por motivos de inmigración?*

Has anyone ever filed an immigration petition for you before?

¿Ha sido usted deportado o esta usted en procedimiento de deportación ahora?*

Have you ever been deported or are you in deportation proceedings now?

Ha sido abusado por sus padres, conyuge o hijo mayor de edad?*

Has your parent, spouse, or adult child been abusive to you?

¿Si es asi, fue previo a Abril 30 del 2001?*

If so, was it before April 30, 2001?



¿Fue usted, conyuge, sus padres, pareja o sus hijos victimas de de un crimen violento en los EEUU?*

Were you, your parents, siblings, spouse, partner, or children a victim of a violent crime in the US?

¿Es usted menor de 21 años y soltero?*

Are you under 21 and not married?

¿Tiene usted un padre, conyuge o hijo menor de 15 anos con requerimientos especiales médicos (dificultades de estudio, alergias severas, asma u otra condición medica severa)?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child under 15 with medical or special needs (learning disability, severe allergies or asthma, or other serious medical condition)?

¿Fue usted maltratado, abusado o abandonado por sus padres?*

Did your parents mistreat, abuse, or abandon you?



¿Tenia usted 30 anos o menos en Junio, 15, 2012?*

Were you 30 years or under on June 15, 2012?

¿Tenía usted 15 años o menos en su primera entrada en los EEUU?*

Were you 15 years old or younger on your first entry into the US?

Click below now to see if you qualify!

¡Haga clic abajo ahora para ver si califica!

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

Get Instant Access

Enter your name and email address below to get instant access.

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

¡Obtenga acceso instantáneo ahora!

Ingrese su nombre y dirección de correo electrónico a continuación