Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney | Immigration Attorney | Eatontown NJ

We Are Here 24/7! Call Now!

Nonimmigrant Visa Attorneys in New Jersey

If you’re a non-US Citizen who is planning to visit the U.S. for a certain period, it is best to speak with a reliable nonimmigrant visa attorney in New Jersey. An experienced NJ immigration attorney can help you obtain the visa you need.

Andres Mejer is a New Jersey immigration attorney who has helped thousands of individuals with their immigration concerns. He has helped plenty of people obtain legal status, Green Card, or even citizenship in the U.S. Schedule a consultation with our law firm to get answers to your immigration questions.

What is a Nonimmigrant Visa?

If you’re planning to go to the U.S. for a certain period, then it means that you’d need a nonimmigrant visa or temporary visa. By applying for this visa, you declare that you are going to the U.S. for a specific purpose, and once that purpose is fulfilled, you will return to your home country.

The application process in the U.S. can be arduous, and if you’re not careful, you can get your application denied. To help you with your application or appeal, seek the help of an experienced immigration attorney.

Who Needs a Nonimmigrant Visa?

If you’re not a lawful permanent resident or a U.S. citizen and you plan to come to the United States temporarily, then you need a nonimmigrant visa.

However, foreign nationals from certain countries don’t need a visa as long as they visit the U.S. for less than 90 days for business, tourism, or while in transit. This program is called the “Visa Waiver Program.”

The Visa Waiver Program is open to 38 countries and territories, including the ones in the European Union.

Most Canadians don’t need a visa to enter the U.S. unless they plan to study, invest, work or immigrate here. You’ll be allowed to stay in the United States for six months or up to 1 year, depending on your reason for the visit.

What are the Different Types of Nonimmigrant Visas?

There are three primary nonimmigrant visa categories. You can temporarily go to the United States for tourism or business, study, and work.

If you what to know more about the different visa types, consult our New Jersey nonimmigration attorneys. We can help you with family-based immigration, fiance visa applications, getting a green card, and in becoming an U.S. citizen. Schedule a consultation today!

Visitor Visas

If you plan to go to the United States for temporary business or tourism, you need a B-1 or B-2 visa. For your U.S. visa application, you will have to provide the necessary documents to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that explain the reasons for your trip and your trip itinerary.

How to Get a Business or Tourist Visa?

Millions of people come to the U.S. as tourists (B-2) or business (B-1) visitors yearly. You can qualify for a B-1 visa if you come to the U.S. for a quick business trip. You can be eligible for a B-2 visa if you’re visiting the U.S. temporarily, either for pleasure or medical treatment. Usually, you will be issued both visas so you can enjoy both options while staying in the United States.

However, you need to demonstrate to the U.S. consulate that issued your visa and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection that you have every intention to return to your home country. You can do this by showing proof that you are employed and have a permanent address overseas to which you will return.

If you need help applying for a U.S. visa, or if you’re already here and your visa has expired, our US nonimmigration visa attorneys can help. We can help you stop deportation, apply for an immigration waiver, and more.

Student Visas

If you plan to study in the United States, you’d need a visa. F-1 Visas are available for full-time students in accredited institutions of higher education. This includes colleges, high schools, seminaries, and conservatories. Spouses and children of F-1 visa holders can avail the F-2 visa.

If you live in Canada or Mexico, you can commute to the United States for your studies using the F-3 visa.

M-1 visa is another type of student visa you can use to study in vocational schools or other accredited non-academic institutions.

J-1 visas are for work or study-based exchange visitors. These can include interns, au-pairs, teachers, and other participants in an exchange program. To qualify for a J-1 visa, applicants must be part of a program that promotes cultural exchange.

Work Visas

Employment visas allow foreign nationals to work in the United States temporarily. Your employer must start the visa application process by petitioning you at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to qualify for this type of visa.

There are multiple types of visas under this category: the H-1B visa, H-2B visa, L-1A visa, L-1B visa, and O-1 visa.

Simply figuring out whether you’re eligible for a work visa can be difficult, and the requirements are as complicated as other U.S. visas. Our New Jersey immigration lawyers are here to help you with this process. If you want to apply for an employment-based immigration, we can help you, too. Schedule an appointment for a free case evaluation today!

How to Get a Temporary Special Worker (H-1B) Visa?

H-1B visas are available for non-citizens whose jobs require highly-specialized knowledge and experience. This visa is available to workers in the computer and technology industries and workers from other specialized fields such as the legal profession, medicine, and science.

There’s no limit or “cap” on how many H-1B visa petitions will be approved for individuals who will work for an institution of higher education, government research organizations, and non-profit research organizations. There are also no limits on individuals who are extending their previous H-1B visas.

How to Get a Temporary Nonagricultural Worker (H-2B) Visa?

Unlike an H-1B visa, H-2B visas are intended for skilled and unskilled workers. To qualify for this visa, you must:

  • Have a U.S. employer
  • Be qualified for the job
  • There are no qualified U.S. workers
  • You have the intent to return to your home country

How to Get an Intracompany Transferee Visa?

Suppose you’re employed outside of the United States for at least one year, and you’re transferred to the United States to work as an executive, manager, or specialized knowledge worker. In that case, you may be qualified to apply for an Intracompany Transferee Visa or an L-1 visa.

How to Get a Treaty Trader Visa?

The United States has made several trade treaties with other countries. The U.S. made E-1 visas available to the citizens of those countries to make engaging with international trading activities more manageable and more accessible.

How to Get a Treaty Investor Visa?

Treat Investor, or E-2 Visas, allow businesspeople from certain countries to work in the U.S. for a business in which investors from their country have invested. Self-employment and an unlimited number of extensions are available under this visa.

Do You Need a Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney?

You need to consider many rules, regulations, restrictions,, and parameters when applying for a U.S. visa. The whole process can be overwhelming, and doing it on your own can sometimes delay the process or even lead to rejection.

You need a reliable US nonimmigrant visa attorney who has helped countless individuals with their visa and immigration needs. Andres Mejer Law can provide guidance throughout the application process. Call our New Jersey immigration lawyer today to get started!

new testimonial1(a)

“I had no problem reaching out to Andres Mejer. He has attended the court hearing and answered all the questions of the prosecutor…thank you, Andres!”


“I knew that I couldn’t just go to court alone to defend myself…but Andres was there to help me. He has helped me successfully apply for a U VIsa.”

new testimonial3

“Nobody can help me in the past, but Attorney Andres Mejer was able to help me fix my immigration problem. He has guided me through the immigration process and has encouraged me to fight and never give up my freedom to live in the U.S.”

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

We're here 24/7.
Call Now!

Eatontown, NJ


286 RT 35
Unit D
Eatontown, NJ 07724


Lakewood, NJ


212 2nd Street
Suite 104
Lakewood, NJ 08701


Newark, NJ


50 Park Place
Suite #1101
Newark, NJ 07102


Edison, NJ


1929 NJ-27
Edison, NJ 08817


1065 US-22 Suite 2B
Bridgewater Township, NJ 08807


Freehold, NJ


36 W Main St, Suite 302,
Freehold, NJ 07728


Copyright 2023 Andres Mejer Law - All Rights Reserved. Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions

Immigration Book

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Arrested in New Jersey

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Immigration Attorney

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Free Deportation Risk Assessment

Where you ever caught at by immigration and returned to your country? (¿Dónde alguna vez te pilló inmigrando y regresaste a tu país?)*

Have you ever been arrested for any reason? (¿Alguna vez te han arrestado por alguna razón?)*

How many times have been arrested? (¿Cuántas veces han sido arrestados?)*

Were you arrested for any of the following reasons? (Check all that apply) (¿Te arrestaron por alguna de las siguientes razones?)

Have you ever filed for an immigration benefit and been denied? (¿Alguna vez ha presentado un beneficio de inmigración y se le ha negado?)*

Have you entered the US illegally more than once after 1997? (¿Ha entrado ilegalmente en los Estados Unidos más de una vez después de 1997?)*

Do you owe back child support? (¿Debes manutención infantil?)*

Find Out Immediately If You Qualify for Legal Status


Your privacy is important to us. We will keep the information you provide strictly confidential. We only use your information to determine if you may be eligible for immigration benefits in the United States. The information we provide should not be construed as legal advice and submission of this form does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Ingrese la siguiente información para aceptar los términos y condiciones.

Enter the following information to accept the terms and conditions.

Start Here!

Información Personal / Personal Information


Idioma Preferido*

Preferred Language

Fecha Nacimiento*

Date of Birth

Pais de Nacimiento*

Country of Birth

Entradas a las EEUU / Entries into the US


Fecha Entrada*

Date of Entry

Entrada Legal*

Did you enter legally?



¿Tiene usted padres, conyuge o hijos mayores de 21 anos,Que ha estado o esta en las fuerzas armadas Americanas?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child over 21 who is or was in the US military?

¿Tiene usted padres,conyuge o hijos mayores de 21 anos, ciudadanos Americanos o residentes permanentes?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child over 21 who is a US citizen or lawful permanent resident?

¿Ha tenido usted, sus padres o sus abuelos un estado legal en los EEUU?*

Did you, your parents, or your grandparents ever have legal status in the U.S.?

¿Esta considerando matrimonio con us ciudadano Americano o residente permanente? ( mismo sexo incluido)*

Are you considering marriage to a US citizen or green card holder (same-sex marriage included)?



¿Alguien ha peticionado a su favor por motivos de inmigración?*

Has anyone ever filed an immigration petition for you before?

¿Ha sido usted deportado o esta usted en procedimiento de deportación ahora?*

Have you ever been deported or are you in deportation proceedings now?

Ha sido abusado por sus padres, conyuge o hijo mayor de edad?*

Has your parent, spouse, or adult child been abusive to you?

¿Si es asi, fue previo a Abril 30 del 2001?*

If so, was it before April 30, 2001?



¿Fue usted, conyuge, sus padres, pareja o sus hijos victimas de de un crimen violento en los EEUU?*

Were you, your parents, siblings, spouse, partner, or children a victim of a violent crime in the US?

¿Es usted menor de 21 años y soltero?*

Are you under 21 and not married?

¿Tiene usted un padre, conyuge o hijo menor de 15 anos con requerimientos especiales médicos (dificultades de estudio, alergias severas, asma u otra condición medica severa)?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child under 15 with medical or special needs (learning disability, severe allergies or asthma, or other serious medical condition)?

¿Fue usted maltratado, abusado o abandonado por sus padres?*

Did your parents mistreat, abuse, or abandon you?



¿Tenia usted 30 anos o menos en Junio, 15, 2012?*

Were you 30 years or under on June 15, 2012?

¿Tenía usted 15 años o menos en su primera entrada en los EEUU?*

Were you 15 years old or younger on your first entry into the US?

Click below now to see if you qualify!

¡Haga clic abajo ahora para ver si califica!

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

Get Instant Access

Enter your name and email address below to get instant access.

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

¡Obtenga acceso instantáneo ahora!

Ingrese su nombre y dirección de correo electrónico a continuación