NJ NATURALIZATION & CITIZENSHIP ATTORNEY
Do you want to become a US Citizen?
Legal Permanent Resident for five years
If you’ve been in the country this long, you can now apply to become a US citizen (naturalize) and enjoy multiple benefits!
Legal Permanent Resident through marriage
You can apply for citizenship after 3 years, but you must remain married to the spouse who petitioned for you.
You’ll gain the right to vote, travel without restrictions, avoid removal proceedings, enjoy healthcare benefits, or even extend your immigration benefits to your relatives.
Our immigration lawyers will help you prepare for the language test and civics test and prepare for an interview. Be ready for a comprehensive background check (including travel records)
Naturalization is the Process to Become a US Citizen
There are many benefits if you become a US citizen (USC):
- Citizens can vote in local, state and federal government elections
- Citizens can travel outside of the U.S. with no restrictions
- Crimes (other than fraud related to the naturalization process) cannot result in your removal proceedings
- Citizens have expanded and streamlined opportunities to petition for immigration benefits for their relatives
- Depending on where you live you can be entitled to more healthcare and benefits
If you have been a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) for five years, you may apply to become a US citizen (naturalize). If you became an LPR through marriage to become a US citizen, you can apply after three years so long as you are still married to the spouse who petitioned for you. New Jersey Immigration lawyers describe the process below:
- Prepare and submit a naturalization application and submit it to Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Attend an interview with an immigration officer who will review your case for citizenship. You will also take a U.S. language and civics test, and be asked to swear allegiance to the U.S.
- Attend a ceremony during which you will again swear allegiance to the U.S. and be formally naturalized.
USCIS takes the language and civics test seriously and applicants must be prepared to pass these important steps in the process. Through careful planning and strategy, applicants can be ready to excel in this important part of the interview process. The careful planning must include a comprehensive background check and review of travel in and out of the United States.
Are you at risk of being deported?
Take our free online deportation risk assessment and find out now!
Contact New Jersey Immigration Lawyers Today
In light of this process, you really need to develop and follow a comprehensive strategy for successfully moving through the naturalization process. We can help!
"I didn’t know I could get documents… that there was help out there…Andres Mejer Law made me feel comfortable to trust them with my whole life."
"Mr. Quiyu was able to successfully petition for a green card for himself and his wife through the help of Andres Mejer."
"Ms. Cartagena successfully filed her VAWA petition. As a result, she was able to live without the fear of deportation or losing her kids."
Do you want to enjoy the same benefits received by a naturalized or U.S. citizen?
What Are You Waiting For?
People often put off seeing a doctor until it is too late. The same is true when it comes to immigration. Immigration problems often get worse with time, not better. You’re risking your family, your freedom and all that you work so hard for by not getting the care you need. You can find out right now if you may already qualify for legal status in the US. Just click below or call the Green Card to schedule a comprehensive immigration exam. It is free, so what are you waiting for?
We're here 24/7.