The CBP is the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency. It is a government organization tasked with protecting all borders of the United States, and controlling what comes in and out of the country, whether goods or people. The customs division focuses on goods usually, examining luggage at airports and taxing certain goods, where as the border patrol division focuses on protecting the Canadian and Mexican borders to insure that anyone who wants to come to this country does so legally. The agency as a whole operates as a subsidiary of the Department of Homeland Security, has been in existence since 1979, though then it was only tasked with customs.
Free Resources Available for You
If you face immigration an immigration challenge we have some valuable resources for you:
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? If you aren’t legal in the U.S. you owe it to yourself to find out if you can get legal status. Select the link, answer the questions, and find out for FREE.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not I will explain when you need an immigration attorney. Not every needs one. I will also explain the benefits of hiring one in any immigration challenge.
- 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney If you have decided that you need an immigration attorney, how do you make sure you hire a good one? I explain to you the questions you need to ask before you hire your immigration attorney.
- An Immigrant’s Guide to Municipal Court Here I discuss what happens if you get arrested by Immigration Customs Enforcement, what you need to know to get out of custody, and what to expect if you are placed in removal hearings. I also explain the municipal court process and how a municipal court matter can result in your being placed into removal proceedings.
If you have immigration questions, we have answers. You can,
- Call our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
- Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
- Select our live chat feature to speak to someone right away.
We help immigrants, one petition at a time.