Our Immigration Stories at Andres Mejer Law Most immigrants regret not obtaining a green card and filing a citizenship application…
- Fraud or misrepresentation ;
- Falsely claiming U.S. citizenship ;
- An intending immigrant who does not have a valid unexpired immigrant visa or other suitable entry documents ;
- A nonimmigrant who does not have a passport valid for a minimum of six (6) months from the date of the expiration of the initial period of the stay ; or
- A nonimmigrant who does not own a valid nonimmigrant visa or border crossing card at the time of application for admission .
If you are facing expedited removal, you don’t have a right to counsel or to a hearing before an immigration judge. CBP officials conduct the expedited removal process usually within a matter of hours. Expedited removal carries a five year bar to re-entering the U.S. This means that you cannot re-enter the U.S. for a minimum period of five years unless you are granted permission to reapply for admission to the U.S. If the basis fraud or misrepresentation, then you face a lifetime bar. You will not only need permission to reapply but also a fraud waiver.