La actual administración anuncia nuevas políticas de migración que están poniendo en marcha casi todos los días. La semana pasada,…
Qualification for Asylum Status
You must meet all of the following in order to qualify:
- You must apply within one year of your most recent arrival in the U.S., or within a reasonable time after establishing changed circumstances or extraordinary circumstances
- You have been persecuted (harm) in the past, and/or you fear persecution in the future. You must show past persecution, or at least a 10% chance of persecution if you return to your home country.
- The persecution you fear is on account of one of the five protected grounds.
- You must show that the abuse has been, or would be, inflicted by the government or by a group the government is unable or unwilling to control.
- You do not have an aggravated felony or “particularly serious crime.”
- You can show you deserve to receive asylum because of your good moral character.