Immigration Appeals | Immigration Appeals Lawyer | Eaton, NJ

We Are Here 24/7! Call Now!

An Immigration Appeals Attorney in Eaton, New Jersey

If you’ve been denied immigration benefits and facing deportation in New Jersey, you may be able to file an appeal. But the immigration appeals process can be complicated and frustrating. That’s why it’s essential to have an experienced New Jersey immigration lawyer on your side.

Our law firm has a deep understanding of New Jersey immigration law, family immigration, the appeals process, and immigration review. We know how to navigate the complex bureaucracy and fight for your desired outcome. So if you’re facing an immigration appeal in New Jersey, we can help.

For a free consultation, please call our law office today. We’ll be happy to answer your questions, give you legal advice and help you understand your options.

Why do I need an Immigration Appeals Lawyer in New Jersey?

There are a few qualities that make a great immigration appeals lawyer. They should be knowledgeable about immigration law and have experience dealing with the specific type of appeal you are going through with the immigration court.

They should also be able to clearly explain the process of immigration appeal and immigration review to you and help you understand what to expect in dealing with deportation issues while appealing. Finally, they should be compassionate and understanding, as appeals can be very stressful and emotional.

At our law firm, we pride ourselves on offering all these qualities to our clients. Our immigration and family law lawyers are knowledgeable and experienced. They will take the time to explain the process of immigration appeal and immigration review to you so that you feel comfortable and confident going into your appeal.

We understand how stressful this process can be, and we will do everything we can to support you and get you the best possible outcome. If you are considering appealing your immigration case, please contact our law firm today for a consultation. We would be happy to answer any of your questions and help you start moving forward with your case.

What are Immigration Appeals?

immigration appeals lawyer An immigration appeal is a process whereby you can ask the Board of Immigration Appeals (B.I.A.) to review your case if

  • An immigration judge has issued you a removal order 
  • You’ve been found ineligible for asylum or other forms of relief from removal proceedings 

An immigration appeals lawyer can help you determine if you have grounds for an appeal and assist you in preparing your case. The B.I.A. is the highest administrative body for immigration matters in the United States.

If the B.I.A. finds that the immigration judge made a mistake, it can reverse the decision or send the case back to the immigration judge for further proceedings. The B.I.A. can also affirm the immigration judge’s decision, at which point you may be able to file a petition for review with a federal court of appeals.

New Jersey is home to many experienced New Jersey immigration attorneys who can help you navigate this complex process.

Where can you appeal an immigration judge’s decision?

If you have been through immigration proceedings in New Jersey, you may be wondering where you can go to appeal a decision. The first step is to consult with an immigration attorney. They will be able to advise you on the best course of action and help you prepare your appeal.

The next step is to file your appeal with the Board of Immigration Appeals (B.I.A.). This is done by submitting a written brief outlining the reasons for your request. There may also be an opportunity to submit additional supporting documentation. The B.I.A. will then review your case and make a decision.

In some rare circumstances, there may be a hearing held in person. However, most appeals are conducted entirely through written submissions. Keep in mind that the goal of an appeal is to deny you one more time to present your case in full.

Instead, it is to determine whether the immigration judge made any errors in their decision-making process. If you believe that your rights have been violated or that the judge did not consider all the evidence, an appeal may be the best option.

Filing an Appeal with the Board of Immigration Appeal, including all of the paperwork and associated costs

If you’ve been ordered deported by an immigration judge, you have the right to appeal that decision with petitions. The first step is to file Form EOIR-26, Notice of Appeal from an Immigration Judge’s Decision. You can submit related documents with this form, but it’s also a good idea to submit a brief introduction outlining your petition argument and supporting laws. Without a brief, the Board of Immigration Appeals (B.I.A.) may side with the immigration judge rather than take a closer look at your case.

Most appeals require a fee, which is currently $110 (this may change in late 2021). You can pay electronically through the EOIR’s Payment Portal or send a check or money order to the “United States Department of Justice,” making sure to include the principal applicant’s full name and alien registration number (“A number”).

If you can’t pay the fee, you can request a fee waiver by submitting Form EOIR-26A. You’ll also need to provide a notice of entry of appearance, Form EOIR-27, which your immigration appeals lawyer will submit on your behalf.

And before you file the petition to appeal, you must serve a copy to the Assistant Chief Counsel of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and confirmation on EOIR Form-26. 

For help filing an appeal or crafting a compelling argument, consider working with an immigration appeals lawyer in New Jersey. An immigration lawyer can increase your chances of success with experience handling these cases and getting a visa.

When should you file an appeal?

Appealing an immigration ruling can be a complex and daunting process, but it is essential to remember that you have a limited time frame in which to do so. In most cases, you must appeal within 30 days of the judge’s order. If they mailed the order to you, you must appeal within 30 days of receiving it. It is important to note that Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays count toward your 30-day deadline. The deadline is extended if the 30th day falls on a weekend or federal holiday.

Appealing an immigration ruling can be a complex process, so it is essential to seek out the help of an experienced immigration appeals lawyer.

What Happens When the Board of Immigration Appeal Receives Your Notice of the Appeal?

After you submit your immigration appeal to the B.I.A., they will send you a receipt notice confirming that they have received it. If you do not receive a notice within two weeks, you should contact the B.I.A. to verify that they have received your appeal.

Once your appeal is received, you must set a briefing schedule with the B.I.A. If you indicated that you would submit a brief, you would have 30 days to submit your opening brief. The opposing counsel will then have 30 days to respond. This deadline can be extended to 90 days if necessary.

After reviewing both parties’ submissions, the B.I.A. will decide on your appeal, which can take months or even years. During this time, it is essential to have an experienced immigration appeals lawyer on your side to ensure your rights are protected throughout the process.

Stay in New Jersey While Appealing

If you have been ordered deported by an immigration judge, you can still wait for a decision from the Board of Immigration Appeals (B.I.A.). Standard removal appeals allow you to remain in New Jersey while your case is being decided.

In other cases, such as motions to reopen, the person must request a stay from the immigration judge. If you leave New Jersey before the B.I.A. has made a decision, your appeal will be canceled.

It is essential to consult with an immigration appeals lawyer to determine whether or not you are eligible for a stay and what the best course of action is for your particular case.

Now is the time to contact our Best New Jersey Immigration Appeals Attorney!

Suppose you or a loved one faces immigration consequences due to a criminal conviction. In that case, you need an immigration appeals lawyer who is familiar with the process and has a successful track record.

Our immigration appeals, family law, or family immigration lawyer has many years of experience and has helped many clients in New Jersey navigate the immigration appeals process. Contact our law office today for a free consultation. We will review your case and explain your options. You do not have to face this alone. Let us help you protect your rights.

new testimonial1(a)

“I had no problem reaching out to Andres Mejer. He has attended the court hearing and answered all the questions of the prosecutor…thank you, Andres!”


“I knew that I couldn’t just go to court alone to defend myself…but Andres was there to help me. He has helped me successfully apply for a U VIsa.”

new testimonial3

“Nobody can help me in the past, but Attorney Andres Mejer was able to help me fix my immigration problem. He has guided me through the immigration process and has encouraged me to fight and never give up my freedom to live in the U.S.”

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

We're here 24/7.
Call Now!

Eatontown, NJ


286 RT 35
Unit D
Eatontown, NJ 07724


Lakewood, NJ


212 2nd Street
Suite 104
Lakewood, NJ 08701


Newark, NJ


50 Park Place
Suite #1101
Newark, NJ 07102


Edison, NJ


1929 NJ-27
Edison, NJ 08817


1065 US-22 Suite 2B
Bridgewater Township, NJ 08807


Freehold, NJ


36 W Main St, Suite 302,
Freehold, NJ 07728


Copyright 2023 Andres Mejer Law - All Rights Reserved. Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions

Immigration Book

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Arrested in New Jersey

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Immigration Attorney

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Free Deportation Risk Assessment

Where you ever caught at by immigration and returned to your country? (¿Dónde alguna vez te pilló inmigrando y regresaste a tu país?)*

Have you ever been arrested for any reason? (¿Alguna vez te han arrestado por alguna razón?)*

How many times have been arrested? (¿Cuántas veces han sido arrestados?)*

Were you arrested for any of the following reasons? (Check all that apply) (¿Te arrestaron por alguna de las siguientes razones?)

Have you ever filed for an immigration benefit and been denied? (¿Alguna vez ha presentado un beneficio de inmigración y se le ha negado?)*

Have you entered the US illegally more than once after 1997? (¿Ha entrado ilegalmente en los Estados Unidos más de una vez después de 1997?)*

Do you owe back child support? (¿Debes manutención infantil?)*

Find Out Immediately If You Qualify for Legal Status


Your privacy is important to us. We will keep the information you provide strictly confidential. We only use your information to determine if you may be eligible for immigration benefits in the United States. The information we provide should not be construed as legal advice and submission of this form does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Ingrese la siguiente información para aceptar los términos y condiciones.

Enter the following information to accept the terms and conditions.

Start Here!

Información Personal / Personal Information


Idioma Preferido*

Preferred Language

Fecha Nacimiento*

Date of Birth

Pais de Nacimiento*

Country of Birth

Entradas a las EEUU / Entries into the US


Fecha Entrada*

Date of Entry

Entrada Legal*

Did you enter legally?



¿Tiene usted padres, conyuge o hijos mayores de 21 anos,Que ha estado o esta en las fuerzas armadas Americanas?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child over 21 who is or was in the US military?

¿Tiene usted padres,conyuge o hijos mayores de 21 anos, ciudadanos Americanos o residentes permanentes?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child over 21 who is a US citizen or lawful permanent resident?

¿Ha tenido usted, sus padres o sus abuelos un estado legal en los EEUU?*

Did you, your parents, or your grandparents ever have legal status in the U.S.?

¿Esta considerando matrimonio con us ciudadano Americano o residente permanente? ( mismo sexo incluido)*

Are you considering marriage to a US citizen or green card holder (same-sex marriage included)?



¿Alguien ha peticionado a su favor por motivos de inmigración?*

Has anyone ever filed an immigration petition for you before?

¿Ha sido usted deportado o esta usted en procedimiento de deportación ahora?*

Have you ever been deported or are you in deportation proceedings now?

Ha sido abusado por sus padres, conyuge o hijo mayor de edad?*

Has your parent, spouse, or adult child been abusive to you?

¿Si es asi, fue previo a Abril 30 del 2001?*

If so, was it before April 30, 2001?



¿Fue usted, conyuge, sus padres, pareja o sus hijos victimas de de un crimen violento en los EEUU?*

Were you, your parents, siblings, spouse, partner, or children a victim of a violent crime in the US?

¿Es usted menor de 21 años y soltero?*

Are you under 21 and not married?

¿Tiene usted un padre, conyuge o hijo menor de 15 anos con requerimientos especiales médicos (dificultades de estudio, alergias severas, asma u otra condición medica severa)?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child under 15 with medical or special needs (learning disability, severe allergies or asthma, or other serious medical condition)?

¿Fue usted maltratado, abusado o abandonado por sus padres?*

Did your parents mistreat, abuse, or abandon you?



¿Tenia usted 30 anos o menos en Junio, 15, 2012?*

Were you 30 years or under on June 15, 2012?

¿Tenía usted 15 años o menos en su primera entrada en los EEUU?*

Were you 15 years old or younger on your first entry into the US?

Click below now to see if you qualify!

¡Haga clic abajo ahora para ver si califica!

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

Get Instant Access

Enter your name and email address below to get instant access.

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

¡Obtenga acceso instantáneo ahora!

Ingrese su nombre y dirección de correo electrónico a continuación