Concerned about

Find out if you are truly at risk!

Find out instantly with our free deportation risk assessment

How to advise immigration that you changed your addressIf you are a U.S. Citizen you don’t have to report an address change to immigration services, but if you are not a citizen you do.

Change of Address with USCIS

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) branch of the Department of Homeland Security requires that you fill out form AR-11 every time you change addresses until you become a United States Citizen.  The form can be found on the USCIS website, and can even be submitted electronically. There is no fee, and the form itself is only one page.

Change of Address if in Removal Proceedings

If you are removal proceedings, you must also fill inform the Immigration Court (EOIR) and the Government’s Attorney (DHS) of your change of address through form EOIR 33.  If you fail to do so, you may not get a court notice and find yourself ordered deported due to a failure to appear.  You can find the form at the EOIR website, print it out, and mail it.  It is free just be sure to follow the instructions.

Change of Address with New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission

Also keep in mind that if you have a New Jersey driver’s license you should contact the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission to change your address with them as well.  You can also do it online and it’s free.  If you are pulled over and unfriendly officer can cite you for your failure in addition to any other violations he gives you.

Change of Address with U.S. Post Office

As a matter of convenience, you should also contact the U.S. post office and have your mail forwarded to your new address.  That way you don’t miss any mail.  At the time of this writing, the forwarded address is only valid for a short period of time.

Free Resources Available for You

For your immigration matter we have FREE information for you:

  1. Do You Qualify for Legal Status?  If you don’t have legal status, you can learn for FREE if you qualify today.
  2. Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not – You don’t always need an attorney for your case.  Find out here for FREE.
  3. 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney – Learn what to ask an immigration attorney to weed out those that would do you more harm than good.
  4. An Immigrant’s Guide to Municipal Court – Want to know what happens if you are arrested and don’t have legal status in the U.S.  Get this book and find out today what could happen to you.

We have answers to your immigration questions.  You can,

  1. Call our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
  2. Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
  3. Select our live chat feature to speak to someone right away.

We help immigrants, one petition at a time.