Deciding on an immigration lawyer can feel like an overwhelming situation. You’re investing your time, money and, even your…
How Many Refugees Are Coming to the U.S.?
There has been a lot of discussion over the topic of Syrian refugees, yet the world forgets that there are refugees from many nations across the globe. The United States takes in 70,000 immigrants every year, and this coming year there may be even more. President Obama has already stated that he wants 10,000 Syrian refugees to be admitted to the United States in the next fiscal year, but he also directed his administration to raise the number of refugees that we take from the entire world. Under this new direction, the United States would accept 100,000 refugees during the next fiscal year. Of course there are people saying that he should do more, but as of right now a NJ immigration lawyer discusses what the plan is for the upcoming year.
John Kerry, the U.S. Secretary of State, indicated he would like to see the US accepting 75,000 Syrian refugees, not just 10,000. That is not yet U.S. policy, but it might be. In a prior article, I discussed how the world is treating the refugees.
Free Resources for You:
Confused about immigration and not sure where to start? We are here to help.
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? Click the link, answer the questions, and find out which path to U.S. legal status you qualify for.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not – Learn when you really need an immigration attorney.
- 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney – Not sure how to find the right immigration attorney, read this book and find out.
If You Are Ready to Talk to a NJ Immigration Lawyer
- Call our knowledgeable staff at 888-582-6146;
- Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
- Select our live chat feature to speak to someone right away.
We help immigrants, one petition at a time.Share This Post!