Expired Green Card | Immigration Attorney | Eatontown NJ


Concerned about an expired Green Card?

Stop Deportation

Regardless of how long you’ve liver and worked in the US, deportation makes immigrants feel that their entire life is in danger.

Wrongful Removal

Our immigration attorneys will help prove that the reason for removal is wrong and you should be allowed to stay.

Reopen Case

We fight deportation by reopening criminal cases. We can even request to have you released on a bond.

Request Waiver

We can request for the deportation order to be waived if there is evidence that you will face torture in your home country.

What Should You Do if Your Green Card Expired or is Expiring Soon?

How Family Can Help Your Immigration Process
Easily Understand the Visa Bulletin
Green Card Process Explained

Become a US Citizen

Chances are, if your Green Card is expiring soon, you qualify to apply for United States Citizenship. In most cases, applying for citizenship is your best option. Becoming a US citizen means never having to deal with an expired Green Card again. You can find information on how to become a US citizen on our website or just give us a call. If your Green Card has expired or is expiring soon, get started right away with the citizenship process.

Renew Your Green Card

If citizenship is not something you want to pursue, and your Green Card is expiring soon, you can apply to renew your Green Card. Keep in mind that, as with all immigration matters, things move slowly. If your Green Card will expire in the next six months, it is a good idea to get the Green Card renewal process started. You may want to start even earlier than that if you are planning to travel in the next 12 months. The best way to avoid problems with your Green Card renewal is to have an experienced New Jersey immigration attorney, like those at Andres Mejer Law, help you through the process.

Common Reasons Why Green Card Renewals and Citizenship Adjustments are Denied

In most cases, there is no problem renewing a Green Card or applying for US citizenship if you work with an experienced NJ immigration attorney. However, there are plenty of things that can cause problems for you.

You committed a crime.

If you committed a crime (and were arrested or convicted) you may have a hard time renewing your Green Card or becoming a citizen. Violent crimes like armed robbery, rape, and assault will cause you problems for sure, but you will also have problems with things like domestic violence and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Possession of a controlled substance may also be a problem, even if it is possession of a small amount of marijuana. If you have been arrested for any reason, you should contact an experienced immigration lawyer before renewing your Green Card or applying for citizenship.

Are you at risk of being deported?

Take our free online deportation risk assessment and find out now!


You owe back child support.

If you have court ordered child support that you have failed to pay, you may run into problems renewing your Green Card or applying for citizenship. The best way to avoid this problem is to pay your child support, but if you cannot afford to pay it, you should go to the court that ordered it and ask for it to be adjusted. You may also be able to work out a repayment plan to pay back the arrears. If you owe back child support, you should contact an experienced immigration attorney to help you through the Green Card renewal process or citizenship application.

You haven’t filed taxes.

The IRS is serious about collecting taxes and you are required to file a tax return every year in most cases. If you owe back taxes or you have failed to file your tax returns, the IRS will likely leverage immigration law to get you to pay. Tax issues can cause you big problems with your application for citizenship or Green Card renewal efforts. We recommend that you seek the assistance of an experienced Eatontown immigration lawyer if you have tax problems.

Contact Us for Help with an Expired Green Card

An expired Green Card is not a panic situation, but you do need to take care of it before you start running into problems. You will have problems if your application to renew your expired Green Card is denied. That is why we recommend giving our experienced immigration lawyers a call. You should also contact us if you have had any interaction with law enforcement if your Green Card has expired.

new testimonial1(a)

"I have no problem reaching out to Andres Mejer. He has attended the court hearing and answered all the questions of the prosecutor…thank you, Andres!"


"I knew that I couldn’t just go to court alone to defend myself…but Andres was there to help me. He has helped me successfully apply for a U VIsa."

new testimonial3

"Nobody can help me in the past, but Attorney Andres Mejer was able to help me fix my immigration problem. He has guided me through the immigration process and has encouraged me to fight and never give up my freedom to live in the U.S."

Still have questions about Green Cards or becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident?

What Are You Waiting For?

People often put off seeing a doctor until it is too late. The same is true when it comes to immigration. Immigration problems often get worse with time, not better. You’re risking your family, your freedom and all that you work so hard for by not getting the care you need. You can find out right now if you may already qualify for legal status in the US. Just click below or call Andres Mejer Law to schedule a comprehensive immigration exam. It is free, so what are you waiting for?


New Jersey Immigration Attorney
New Jersey Immigration Attorney

We're here 24/7.
Call Now!

Eatontown, NJ


286 RT 35
Unit D
Eatontown, NJ 07724


Lakewood, NJ


212 2nd Street
Suite 104
Lakewood, NJ 08701


Newark, NJ


50 Park Place
Suite #1101
Newark, NJ 07102


Edison, NJ


1929 NJ-27
Edison, NJ 08817


1065 US-22 Suite 2B
Bridgewater Township, NJ 08807


Freehold, NJ


36 W Main St, Suite 302,
Freehold, NJ 07728


Copyright 2022 Andres Mejer Law - All Rights Reserved. Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions

Free Deportation Risk Assessment

Where you ever caught at by immigration and returned to your country? (¿Dónde alguna vez te pilló inmigrando y regresaste a tu país?)*

Have you ever been arrested for any reason? (¿Alguna vez te han arrestado por alguna razón?)*

How many times have been arrested? (¿Cuántas veces han sido arrestados?)*

Were you arrested for any of the following reasons? (Check all that apply) (¿Te arrestaron por alguna de las siguientes razones?)

Have you ever filed for an immigration benefit and been denied? (¿Alguna vez ha presentado un beneficio de inmigración y se le ha negado?)*

Have you entered the US illegally more than once after 1997? (¿Ha entrado ilegalmente en los Estados Unidos más de una vez después de 1997?)*

Do you owe back child support? (¿Debes manutención infantil?)*

Arrested in New Jersey

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Immigration Book

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Immigration Attorney

Request Your Free Copy

Solicite su copia gratuita

Find Out Immediately If You Qualify for Legal Status


Your privacy is important to us. We will keep the information you provide strictly confidential. We only use your information to determine if you may be eligible for immigration benefits in the United States. The information we provide should not be construed as legal advice and submission of this form does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Ingrese la siguiente información para aceptar los términos y condiciones.

Enter the following information to accept the terms and conditions.

Start Here!

Información Personal / Personal Information


Idioma Preferido*

Preferred Language

Fecha Nacimiento*

Date of Birth

Pais de Nacimiento*

Country of Birth

Entradas a las EEUU / Entries into the US


Fecha Entrada*

Date of Entry

Entrada Legal*

Did you enter legally?



¿Tiene usted padres, conyuge o hijos mayores de 21 anos,Que ha estado o esta en las fuerzas armadas Americanas?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child over 21 who is or was in the US military?

¿Tiene usted padres,conyuge o hijos mayores de 21 anos, ciudadanos Americanos o residentes permanentes?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child over 21 who is a US citizen or lawful permanent resident?

¿Ha tenido usted, sus padres o sus abuelos un estado legal en los EEUU?*

Did you, your parents, or your grandparents ever have legal status in the U.S.?

¿Esta considerando matrimonio con us ciudadano Americano o residente permanente? ( mismo sexo incluido)*

Are you considering marriage to a US citizen or green card holder (same-sex marriage included)?



¿Alguien ha peticionado a su favor por motivos de inmigración?*

Has anyone ever filed an immigration petition for you before?

¿Ha sido usted deportado o esta usted en procedimiento de deportación ahora?*

Have you ever been deported or are you in deportation proceedings now?

Ha sido abusado por sus padres, conyuge o hijo mayor de edad?*

Has your parent, spouse, or adult child been abusive to you?

¿Si es asi, fue previo a Abril 30 del 2001?*

If so, was it before April 30, 2001?



¿Fue usted, conyuge, sus padres, pareja o sus hijos victimas de de un crimen violento en los EEUU?*

Were you, your parents, siblings, spouse, partner, or children a victim of a violent crime in the US?

¿Es usted menor de 21 años y soltero?*

Are you under 21 and not married?

¿Tiene usted un padre, conyuge o hijo menor de 15 anos con requerimientos especiales médicos (dificultades de estudio, alergias severas, asma u otra condición medica severa)?*

Do you have a parent, spouse, or child under 15 with medical or special needs (learning disability, severe allergies or asthma, or other serious medical condition)?

¿Fue usted maltratado, abusado o abandonado por sus padres?*

Did your parents mistreat, abuse, or abandon you?



¿Tenia usted 30 anos o menos en Junio, 15, 2012?*

Were you 30 years or under on June 15, 2012?

¿Tenía usted 15 años o menos en su primera entrada en los EEUU?*

Were you 15 years old or younger on your first entry into the US?

Click below now to see if you qualify!

¡Haga clic abajo ahora para ver si califica!

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

Get Instant Access

Enter your name and email address below to get instant access.

New Jersey Immigration Attorney

¡Obtenga acceso instantáneo ahora!

Ingrese su nombre y dirección de correo electrónico a continuación