Concerned about

Find out if you are truly at risk!

Find out instantly with our free deportation risk assessment

Despite the name, the Violence Against Women’s Act, VAWA for short, both men and women can apply.  In order to qualify you:

  • Were a victim of abuse by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse or child;
  • Were the victim of abuse by U.S. citizen parent; OR
  • Were the child (even if not abused)of a parent who was abused by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse. In other words, as a child you can receive Violence Against Women Act benefits even if you were not abused, as long as your parent parent qualifies for VAWA due to abuse.