Deciding on an immigration lawyer can feel like an overwhelming situation. You’re investing your time, money and, even your…
There are a few exceptions to these rules, for example, some people qualify for the Life Act, referred to as 245i, which expired on April 30, 2001. This would forgive your unlawful presence and you could adjust in the U.S. But that becomes rarer every year that passes.
Another option is filing a waiver. That requires showing extreme hardship to a qualifying relative. However, if you have a qualifying relative he or she could have filed for you, and thus, the diversity visa wouldn’t be necessary.
Do you need help with the immigration challenge?
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? Click this link, answer some questions, and in minutes you will learn how to get started on your path to U.S. legal status.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not Learn if you need an immigration attorney.
- 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney Here is how you find the right immigration attorney for your case.
Ready to talk to someone?
- Speak to our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
- Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
- Select the live chat feature to speak to someone helpful right away.