Millions of people immigrate to the United States in hopes of a better life for themselves and their families in…
- The first thing he talks about is that millions of people have come to this country because they want to build a life in freedom.
- Next he says that we need to remember that we are a nation of immigrants, and we need to remember how our ancestors were treated when they came to this country.
The Pope tried to make immigration a relatable topic that many care about. He tried to express that he truly cares about the wellbeing of everyone who comes to America. Pope Francis also addressed the refugee problems this world is facing, saying, on this continent, too, thousands of persons are led to travel north in search of a better life for themselves and for their loved one, in search of greater opportunities. Is this not what we want for our own children? We must not be taken aback by their numbers, but rather view them as persons, seeing their faces and listening to their stories, trying to respond as best we can to their situation. This quote directly relates to the increase of refugee traffic from the Southern American continent, and calls for the United States to remember that these are living people that need help. Hopefully, the Pope made members of congress rethink their actions and a change in their policies. We have already seen one change however, with Secretary of State John Kerry announcing that he would like to see the number of Syrian Refugees in America increase to 75,000 in the recent future. While it is hard to say whether or not this change came as a direct result of the Pope’s speech, it no doubt aided in the decision.
Your Free Resources
Do you, a loved one, or friend need help with immigration? Here is some FREE information to get you started.
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? Click the link, answer the questions, and find out in just a few minutes.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not Now that you know you qualify for a legal status, find out when you need an immigration attorney to help.
- 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney Learn how to find the right immigration attorney. The right help matters.
Don’t want to read information but are interested in information?
- Call our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
- Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
- Select our live chat feature to speak to someone right away.
We help immigrants, one petition at a time!