Find out if you are truly at risk!
Find out instantly with our free deportation risk assessment
On November 20, 2014 President Obama signed an executive action saving two types of immigrants from deportation:
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) young immgrants whom entered the United States before the age of 16 and have been in the U.S for five years.
- Deferred Action for Parents (DAPA) parents of U.S citizens or greencard holders that have been in the country for more than five years.
How do you Qualify for Deferred Action for Parental Accountability?
- You must have continually lived in the United States since January 1, 2010;
- You must have U.S Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident child born on or before November 20, 2014;
- You must have been in the U.S on November 20, 2014 and without legal status; and
- You cannot have been be convicted of a felony, signifcant misdemeanor, 3 or more misdemeanors and are not a threat to national security or public safety.
You will also have to complete a background check. You must discuss this with a qualified New Jersey immigration attorney. Before you apply, be certain that you qualify!
If you qualify, you should absolutely apply:
- Doesn’t’ matter if you were already deported, are in removal proceedings, or if you aren’t on Immigration’s radar. If you qualify you get the benefits.
- This is you opportunity to come out of the shadows and start to live a normal life without fear of imminent deportation. Take this opportunity. Don’t wait until the Republicans try to stop the program.
- You can use DAPA to get permanent status, and I will discuss that in a later video. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by
How soon can I apply for DACA?
- For DAPA; parents can apply 180 days after announcement date, which is May 19, 2015
- For DACA; you can apply 90 days after announcement date, which is February 18, 2015
Is there a cutoff date?
There are no deadlines for the applications or eligibility. However, USCIS will be receiving many applications; it is important to begin right away.
How can you prepare for DACA/DAPA program?
Check out my book 7 Secrets to Successfully Prepare for an Immigration Reform. You could find this book at www.njdeferredaction.com or our website at www.AndresMejerLaw.com. Find us on Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter
I hope you found this video helpful and you share it with your friends. For a chance to win an IPad rate me at www.AndresMejerReviews.com.