Find out if you are truly at risk!
Find out instantly with our free deportation risk assessment
- even if it was expunged (erased from your record) or
- A juvenile matter and sealed (before you were 18).
There is no comprehensive list of what is an example of lack of Good Moral Character. You have to review your past history as a whole. Here are a few examples, but this list is by no means comprehensive
- Certain crimes: Murder, rape, sexual abuse of a child, violent assault, trafficking in drugs, firearms, or people, or what is defined as an aggravated felony but those are also automatic disqualifiers;
- Habitual drunkenness;
- Illegal gambling;
- Polygamy (marriage to more than one person at the same time);
- Failure to pay court ordered child support or alimony payments;
- Domestic Violence; and
- Terrorist acts
Immigration will consider when the event occurred, the severity of the incident, your attempts to rehabilitate yourself since then, etc. When you apply you must put the event in context to best support your application.
If you have ever been arrested for any reason, make sure to have history reviewed by an immigration attorney before you apply.
To speak to our knowledgeable staff call 888-695-6169