Find out if you are truly at risk!
Find out instantly with our free deportation risk assessment
- In an effort to repair relations between the U.S. and Mexico, Mexican law enforcement and military has drastically increased their end of border security. That has resulted in less people making it across the border to be arrested on the American side;
- Mexico created ad campaigns and legislative changes to further reduce illegal immigration;
- Texas National Guard didn’t have the authority to arrest anyone;
- “Operation Strong Safety,” started on June 23, 2014, by the time the National Guard appeared the number of immigrants had already started to drop; and
- The Federal Government also increased the number of border agents;
There were many factors that lead to the reduction of arrests on the U.S. side of the border. However, most attribute that reduction to Mexico’s actions rather than actions by the U.S., and even less so Gov. Perry’s actions. While former governor Perry’s efforts no doubt contributed to the decrease in border apprehensions, he is taking far too much credit. Gov Perry can make the same point; he took action when needed, and still give credit where it is deserved. That is leadership that we sorely need today.
Free Resources Available for You
If you face an immigration challenge we have some valuable resources for you:
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? If you aren’t legal in the U.S. you owe it to yourself to find out if you can get legal status. Select the link, answer the questions, and find out for FREE.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not I will explain when you need an immigration attorney. Not every needs one. I will also explain the benefits of hiring one in any immigration challenge.
- 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney If you have decided that you need an immigration attorney, how do you make sure you hire a good one? I explain to you the questions you need to ask before you hire your immigration attorney.
- An Immigrant’s Guide to Municipal Court Here I discuss what happens if you get arrested by Immigration Customs Enforcement, what you need to know to get out of custody, and what to expect if you are placed in removal hearings. I also explain the municipal court process and how a municipal court matter can result in your being placed into removal proceedings.
If you have immigration questions, we have answers. You can,
- Call our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
- Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
- Select our live chat feature to speak to someone right away.
We help immigrants, one petition at a time.