Deciding on an immigration lawyer can feel like an overwhelming situation. You’re investing your time, money and, even your…
Apprehension rates at the border are increasing
Due to recent advancements in technology, as well as the ever-increasing amount of border security, it is becoming harder and harder to cross the border illegally. This is not to say it cannot be done, but it is less likely to be attempted successfully. The article mentions a family who is living in the country illegally, and an uncle of the family who has attempted several times to enter the country. Each time he has been detained and deported, and this has discouraged him from trying again. This one example shows that because it is becoming harder and harder to enter the country illegally, less people are trying.
Illegal Immigrants are getting older
An overlooked consequence of the success of border apprehension is that our undocumented immigrants are older. More precisely, they are 35 or older; ;whereas historically they were in their 20’s. The reason is simple, less people are returning to their country. They know they will have a hard time coming back, so they don’t leave unless they don’t intend to return to the U.S.
Despite economic growth illegal entry is still going down
Another overlooked fact, is that despite the growth of our economy, illegal immigration has continued to decrease. Historically, the opposite was true. The better our economy, the more illegal immigrants tried to enter the U.S. We are now seeing our economy grow but we are not seeing the growth of illegal immigrants, as we would normally expect. If this is true, it makes Congress’ job easier. It shows that border security can work. While they of course still need to worry about the undocumented immigrants living in the United States, they no longer have to worry about the future flow of illegal immigrants. They would still need to focus on visa overstays, but those immigrants are undocumented, not illegal. Congress can instead focus on helping the ones that are here now achieve citizenship, and making it easier for those who come to this country legally to stay here. All of this is of course assuming that we continue to see drop in the number of illegal immigrants entering the U.S.
Free Resources Available for You
If you face an immigration challenge we have some valuable resources for you:
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? If you aren’t legal in the U.S. you owe it to yourself to find out if you can get legal status. Select the link, answer the questions, and find out for FREE.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not I will explain when you need an immigration attorney. Not every needs one. I will also explain the benefits of hiring one in any immigration challenge.
- 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney If you have decided that you need an immigration attorney, how do you make sure you hire a good one? I explain to you the questions you need to ask before you hire your immigration attorney.
- An Immigrant’s Guide to Municipal Court Here I discuss what happens if you get arrested by Immigration Customs Enforcement, what you need to know to get out of custody, and what to expect if you are placed in removal hearings. I also explain the municipal court process and how a municipal court matter can result in your being placed into removal proceedings.
If you have immigration questions, we have answers. You can,
- Call our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
- Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
- Select our live chat feature to speak to someone right away.
We help immigrants, one petition at a time.