Find out if you are truly at risk!
Find out instantly with our free deportation risk assessment
- Immigration Reform, should it ever become law; and
- Immigration Custody.
Preparation is the key, either for the good, immigration reform, or the bad, immigration custody. I wrote a book to help you prepare, 7 Secrets to Successfully Prepare for Immigration Reform, you can get it here. The book goes describes in detail the 7 steps you need to follow to Be Prepared.
But how can I prepare for being in custody? The preparation is not for you, but for your family. If you are picked up by ICE, your friends or family will have to move heaven and earth to get the documents needed to get you out of detention. They may have less than a week to collect everything necessary. Having the documents can make the difference between getting out and deportation or a $10,000 immigration bond (bail) or $5,000 or no bond. The documents make the difference, and having a good attorney never hurts.
So what are the 7 steps?
- Collect the identity documents for your entire family;
- Collect documents to prove your time in the U.S.;
- Pay back taxes and file your income taxes for at least the last two years;
- Request letters of support from those with legal status in the U.S.;
- Order your criminal background;
- Order your New Jersey driver’s abstract; and
- Have your case reviewed by an Immigration Attorney
For more information on any of this order a FREE copy of my book here. If a potential client brings me this information to our initial meeting, I can tell them if they qualify or get them prepared. Documentation is the key to immigration success. This is the same information I request in almost every application I file for a client. I give it to you for free in my book.
If you have any immediate questions, you can call and speak to our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169.