There is no limit to the number of people that can seek a parties nomination for president, but only one person may receive the nomination from any given party. For example, there are currently six members of the republican party who have announced that they will be seeking the republican nomination. All six may run, but only one will win the primary and become the republican candidate.
There are many parties that give a nominee for president, but we commonly only hear about the democrats and republicans. The independent and green parties often receive some recognition and vote share, however, there are many other parties that do not receive much attention. In 2012, there were five parties that received 100,000 votes or more:
- the Democratic Party,
- the Republican Party,
- the Green Party,
- the Constitution Party, and
- the Libertarian Party.
This shows that while we often only hear of 2 nominees, there is no limit to how many can run.
Free Resources Available for You
If you face an immigration challenge we have some valuable resources for you:
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? If you aren’t legal in the U.S. you owe it to yourself to find out if you can get legal status. Select the link, answer the questions, and find out for FREE.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not I will explain when you need an immigration attorney. Not every needs one. I will also explain the benefits of hiring one in any immigration challenge.
- 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney If you have decided that you need an immigration attorney, how do you make sure you hire a good one? I explain to you the questions you need to ask before you hire your immigration attorney.
- An Immigrant’s Guide to Municipal Court Here I discuss what happens if you get arrested by Immigration Customs Enforcement, what you need to know to get out of custody, and what to expect if you are placed in removal hearings. I also explain the municipal court process and how a municipal court matter can result in your being placed into removal proceedings.
If you have immigration questions, we have answers. You can,
- Call our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
- Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
- Select our live chat feature to speak to someone right away.
We help immigrants, one petition at a time.