Find out if you are truly at risk!
Find out instantly with our free deportation risk assessment
- In order to be admitted as a refugee, a person must pass an extensive screening process that can take up to two years.
- Government officials look to identify potential fraud, criminal or national security issues and conduct an in-depth in-person interview for the primary applicant and all family members age 14 and over. According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Refugee applicants are subject to the highest level of security checks,
- A refugee applicant is not permitted to travel until all the required security checks have been cleared.
Recent White House staff announcements indicate that the President now wants to admit 75,000 refugees next year instead of 10,000. It remains to be seen whether this process can be streamlined and how many refugees will be admitted. In a different article, I discuss how many refugees the U.S. accepts each year. Yes, Syrian refugees pose a threat to our national security. However, just because a threat exists doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do the right thing. Our screening process must be extensive. Our intelligence sources must be robust. We can never completely eliminate the risk, but we can significantly minimize it. We should do the right thing.
Your Free Resources
Do you need help with immigration? Are you confused about where to start? We can help.
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? Click the link, answer the questions, and we will tell you in minutes what you qualify for.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not Now that you know if you qualify for a U.S. legal status, learn how the right immigration attorney can help you.
- 7 Critical Questions to Ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney Learn how to find the right immigration attorney for your case.
Ready to talk to someone?
- Call our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
- Fill out the contact us form on this page; or
- Select our live chat feature to speak to someone right away.
At AML we help immigrants, one petition at a time!