What is President Obama’s Deferred Action for Parents?

////What is President Obama’s Deferred Action for Parents?
On November 20, 201, President Obama signed an executive action to protect certain two types of illegal immigrants from deportation:

  1. Parents of citizens, or green card holders, who have been in the country for more than five years; and
  2. Younger immigrants who entered the U.S. before they were 16 and have been in the country for more than five years.

Today, I want to talk about Deferred Action for Parents.

Do you Qualify for Deferred Action for Parental Accountability?

In order to be eligible for Deferred Action for Parents you must:

  1. Have continuously lived in the U. S. since January 1, 2010;
  2. Have a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident child born on or before November 20, 2014;
  3. Were in the U.S. on November 20, 2014, without lawful status; and
  4. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more misdemeanors, and are not a threat to national security or public safety.
  5. You will also have to complete a background check. You must discuss this with a qualified New Jersey immigration attorney. Before you apply, be certain that you qualify!

If you qualify, you should absolutely apply:

  • Doesn’t’ matter if you were already deported, are in removal proceedings, or if you aren’t on Immigration’s radar.  If you qualify you get the benefits.
  • This is you opportunity to come out of the shadows and start to live a normal life without fear of imminent deportation.  Take this opportunity.  Don’t wait until the Republicans try to stop the program.
  • You can use DACA to get permanent status, and I will discuss that in a later video.  Don’t let this opportunity pass you by

How Soon Can I Apply for Deferred Action for Parental Accountability?

Applications for Deferred Action of Parents may be submitted 180 days after November 20, 2014 – The date that the immigration measure was announced. That means that on Wednesday May 19, 2015 is the first day you can apply for this program.  Don’t be a victim of Immigration Fraud!

How Can I Get Started?

While many people and companies offer to help undocumented aliens with their immigration problems, not all of them are authorized to do so. To avoid getting bad advice—or simply getting ripped off—immigrants should seek the advice of an experienced immigration attorney. Click the contact link on this page to make an appointment at Andres Mejer Law today, or order a copy of our free guide, 7 Critical Questions to Ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney.

If you are ready to speak to our knowledgeable staff call 888-695-6169.Or you can use the contact us form on this page or the live chat feature.

I help immigrants, one petition at a time.


Call Now (888) 695-6169