What was discussed in the first Democratic debate?
Four main topics were discussed, and all of the candidates had something to say about each topic. Comprehensive immigration reform, health care for undocumented immigrants, education for young undocumented immigrants, and executive action were the four main topics, and the candidates answers tended to paint an amazing picture of the difference between Democratic candidates and Republican candidates. The Democratic responses tended to be much more understanding and supportive of the immigrant community, whereas the Republican responses tend to be rather abrasive.
Who won the first Democratic debate?
However, as with every debate, there can only be one true winner. It came down of course to Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, and there is actually some debate as to who won. CNN, who hosted the debate, has stated that they feel Hillary Clinton won the debate, but their own poll showed that 81% of Americans felt that Bernie Sanders won. In my opinion, the American people are correct, and Bernie Sanders gave the best performance at Tuesday’s debate. He had very distinct and refined answers, and he did a very strong job of diversifying himself from the field. Many who have kept an eye on the Democratic nomination have said that Sanders will have a very hard time surpassing Clinton in the polls, and while they may be right as of now, Senator Sanders made great strides during this debate and it will be interesting to see if he can continue to develop.
The other candidates, are even more irrelevant than they were before the debate.
Do you need help with the immigration process, but have no clue where to start? Take advantage of these free resources.
- Do You Qualify for Legal Status? Click this link, answer a couple of questions, and you will know in minutes.
- Do You Need an Immigration Attorney? You Might Not Now that you know if you qualify for legal status, learn what the right immigration attorney can do for you.
- 7 Critical Questions to ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney Make sure that you receive the best legal help possible
Ready to talk to someone now?
- Call us and speak to our knowledgeable staff at 888-695-6169;
- Fill out our contact us form on this page; or
- Select the live chat feature to speak to someone helpful right away.
At AML we help immigrants, one petition at a time!